So it has been and gone, turning 30. And it was amazing to have a bunch of my closest friends and family all together to help me celebrate. I truly felt so very special and extremely loved.
I did make a list of 30 things to do before I was 30. Trouble is I would actually often forget about the list. I was going to write it on a white board, make a poster, but these things just never happened and so when I would remember I would aim at just one.
Here is my list with what I did, didn’t and started to do….
- Learn to crochet. - I didn’t do this, I did watch a you tube video on it and read a few blogs but never got any further than that and it’s something I still want to do.
- Donate 35cm-40cms of my hair [I was VERY particular about my hair] - I did this in October 2011 and here is a little reminder on how my hair looked…Do I miss it? Yeah I wont lie there are days when I really do, would I have it back, no. I can wear my hair up as high as I want and NO constant neck aches, and my headaches have more than halved since cutting it. Heidi and I also ended up in the local paper and we raised over $500.
- Read 30 books. - No this didn’t happen, I think I got to about 14 so you know not OVERLY a bad effort?
- Send a hand made card or gift once a month – I did this off and on, all up I might had done 8.
- Fill a SMASH* book. - SO close I was so close to this one, both my mini and red book where not far off being finished. But after say 10 pages they get so darn bulky that it’s hard to do the rest. NOT my excuse per say. But I was close at least.
- Travel. I done this in October, in fact I left October 20th with my BFF Kristy, WHO as you all know I met through blogging! We had a blast, I did miss my family SO much, but it was great to just relax and do something for me. And the food OH BOY the food!
- Go to a concert - Went to see Meatloaf in October 2011
- Knit all the girls a scarf before or during next winter. – FAIL didn’t even remember this one at all.
- Fill a scrapbooking album, most likely a 8.5″ x 11″ DONE in January 2012/February 2012. And I was so happy when I did and am half way through another one before I started to get obsessed with smashbooking.
- Organise a 30th Birthday Party – Done this and it was amazing and everyone there had a really good time!
- Have an Aussie day BBQ or if not a BBQ/Roast Dinner family or friends or both, just for the spending time together and the laughs.DONE both in January 2012.
- Start a planner/dairy in 2012 and keep it up to date on day to day events. – I did do this and while I didn’t always update it I would at least 2 weeks out of a month. And then those times in between were mainly because I would miss place it.
- Take the girls to the ZOO. – We were going to do this so often but would either opt for the movies or something would come up. Another to add to my 31 before 31.
- Paint nails a NEW colour once every 1-3 months. – I didn’t do overly to bad with this. But after about 6-8 months I was not really into it anymore.
- Arrange a Pink Ribbon Fundraiser or raise money in some way for Pink Ribbon Day. - DONE in October 2011 with Tickled Pink Stamps and having a release at $1 per image and every $1 went to Pink Ribbon Day.
- Buy a house plant and have it live past 6 months…. I am a plant killer! – FAIL Rest in Peace Bob the Tiny Tomoato house plant. But have had Tillie the chillie plant since May, so 4 months and she is still living, GO me.
- Bake a cake from SCRATCH- I am not the best baker so this in itself is a challenge. – I started baking a LOT in June/July and while I didn’t actually bake a cake from scratch I still did Peppermint Chocolate Balls and Chocolate Ripple Cake from scratch and in my eyes that counts still?
- Buy a summer hat and wear it more than once. DONE in September 2011 – March 2012 and I still love this hat. I also wore it on the cruise off and on a little.
- At least for a whole week before my 30th, take a picture everyday and blog about it for now real reason other than doing something different. – ANOTHER no, man I am wondering if I even did any of these at all haha? But considering I show my week every Friday [was Monday] I sort of think, in a way, a round about ways, it counts?
- Get a nose ring or tattoo - DONE in April 2012
- Start Project Life when it arrives and stick with it – I so failed this, and only recently have I thought that I want to get back into it and sat down the other day and figured out about 5 weeks, so there might still be hope?
- Help out at the kindergarten more often. - I done this for a few months in a row and then wanted to back off a little to allow other parents their turn. But plan on helping out next month.
- Scrap a page all about ME. DONE in November 2011
- Paint girls play room and do it up a little. - Thought about it? But no didn’t get around to it and still something I want to do.
- Get my hair cut at least every 1-3 months, not every 3-5 years – Done and did and loving the new length and the curls!
- Get my front garden in order, not much of a green thumb. – Yes and No. Right now no, but it’s winter, wet and cold and I ain’t doing it lol! But at the start of the year and when I set this, yes I was all over it most of the time. But still needs something in there, flowers, tree or something?
- Raise and donate money at least twice before I am 30. DONE in October 2011, Pink Ribbon Day and March 2011 (kindergarten).
- Make more of an effort to catch up with friends, instead of being a home body at 29. – I wasn’t so bad with this actually and while some weekends I would rather lock the door and be with family I think that is A-OK because the next weekend we might hardly be home! And I have been catching up once a month to once every other month with old school friends and it’s been amazing getting to know each other again and how our lives have changed but we can still have a laugh and act like teens, lol!
- Start 52 weeks of Instax and stick with it. – Yeah, nah fail, another one to add to my 31 before 31?
- Train Pippa – Am doing this myself and she is a hit and miss. She never goes to the toilet inside at all so hit, she chews our shoes so miss. But she learns really quickly and we gave her an old shoe when she was a pup, I think that’s our fault!
Well there you have it, adding it up I did about 20 out of the 30 which isn’t as bad because when I was typing this I felt like I was typing fail more than YAY done. Now it’s time to set a 31 before 31 and actually try and stick to it, maybe even set them in my phone so that every now and then I get a alarm to remind me, not a bad idea actually.
What about you? Do you set a something before something? Haha basically fill in the blanks, and do you stick to them and do them?
I think one on my list of 31 before 31 will be, do all 31 haha! No doubt I will post that later this week!